Thursday, August 14, 2008

One thing that we all appreciate about being scrapbookers is how our style and techniques seem to be evolving continuously. Today I want to share with you a few of my favorite techniques that I am using over and over again! I find that if I really like a technique I am not ashamed to use it on every single page until I get tired of it! On this one page, I want to show you 4 of my best loved super easy techniques.

Have I told you lately that I LOVE YOU?



1. The first idea is one of layering. I find lately that I absolutely cannot make up my mind about which papers I want to use. So I would use strips of 6 or 7 papers and layer them. The next picture is how I would layer different patterned papers and different die-cut papers. I love the combination of textures. In this case I used mainly Making Memories Passport and New Noteworthy papers.


(fig 1: the layers)

To make sure that all the papers stay together and to make it easier for me to work with, I stitched them together.


(fig 2: stitching the layers)

2. Stamping on printed paper. I bought this old book from a second hand store for 50c and I love using it's pages to give that touch of intrigue to my scrapbook pages. I used the Making Memories Classic Mixed Alpha's to stamp on the printed paper. Then I simply cut the letters out and using a pop dot, adhere it to the scrapbook page.


(fig 3: Stamping in the book)


(fig 4: Cutting the letters and using a pop dot to adhere)

3. Textbook hearts. I am so in love with making these simple embellishment on my pages and even in the cards I have been making lately. I would take a few pages and while holding them together, cut out a heart (or a butterfly) and then I would adhere it to my page by stitching it right in the middle. Make sure you "flap" the pages of the heart to give it that 3D look.


(fig 5: Stitching right through the middle of the heart)

4. Mini Alphas. While this is not so much a technique as a product love affair, I still find my self on every page lately using these tiny alphas to say that which is important, but not too obvious.


(fig 6: Using tiny alphas)

I hope that can use one (or all) of these techniques. I would love to see your take and variations of these methods!
Love and a kiss
Wilna
x

No comments: